The PLUS Pedal is a piano-style sustain pedal for guitars and all other melodic instruments:
- Sample, sustain, and layer any melodic sounds
- Compose “impossible” song arrangements using just one instrument
- Create soundscapes and ambiance without DAWs or multi-effect setups
- Transform chords into synth-like pads and beautiful textures
Above all, get inspired for songwriting and composition on the go…
How does it work?
The PLUS Pedal does not generate sounds with oscillators and filters! Instead – think of it as a sort of “Smart Looper” that only catches the second half of each note or chord you play and samples that short snippet of sound into a seamless, continuous loop. This technology called “Real Time Audio Sampling” ensures that each sustained note or chord will retain the exact character of your instrument and your playing style. This method is also fully responsive to any playing style – create continuous layers of sustain incorporating vibrato, bends, harmonics, trills and other dynamic playing techniques. You can use the whammy bar, play with a slide or experiment with amp feedback, or noises – the PLUS Pedal will capture all these tonal nuances and turn them into a continuous sound. The PLUS Pedal can be used with all other acoustic instruments, such as brass or woodwinds, or even vocals. Use a standard microphone to produce amazing polyphony in real-time and create multiple voices.
- Full spectrum of sustain controls – 4 knobs (Blend, Sustain, Rise, Tail) allow to modify all parameters of the sustain tones
- Multiple layers allow stacking up to 5 notes or chords simultaneously
- Unique design – a brilliant combination of a guitar stomp-box and piano’s damper pedal. The steel case will make sure it lasts, and the classy look will make it fit on any stage, from café guitarist to rock band to jazz trio
- Two Outputs will allow you to use the PLUS with a two-amplifier setup or split your effects chain
- FX Loop allows you to link the PLUS Pedal with any other effects unit and use it to modify the Wet signal
What is it for?
The PLUS Pedal is an extension of your instrument, allowing to create multiple layers on the go. From jazz-voice leading to heavy post-rock drones – the Plus Pedal allows the guitarist to do more with the instrument! A useful tool in any context – live performances, songwriting & arrangement, creating drones, ambient soundscapes, cinematic sound effects, and much more. It is also a fantastic tool for aural training and practicing improvisation. Instead of thinking about which scale shape fits over what changes – the PLUS Pedal focuses all of your attention on listening to the tonal relationships between the chord and the notes you play on top.