The BIGSBY Pedal is a revolutionary polyphonic pitch shifter pedal that is able to reproduce the string bending and vibrato effects produced by the BIGSBY Tremolo arm and other traditional tremolo systems.
Powered by the formidable SHARC® Audio Processor, the BIGSBY Pedal runs a hybrid algorithm specifically developed by Gamechanger Audio to achieve smooth polyphonic real-time pitch-shifting at low intervals. It has been painstakingly tweaked to preserve the natural timbre and sound of electric and acoustic string instruments, including baritone and bass guitars, guitars, mandolins, banjos, etc.
The unique spring-loaded foot-pedal design makes it possible to incorporate pitch-shifting into your playing in new and creative ways. The BIGSBY pedal is always “on” – the only thing you need to do to activate it is to step on the foot-pedal. The algorithm ensures that transitions between the DRY and WET (pitched) signals are as smooth as possible, allowing you to seamlessly incorporate pitch-bends into complex picking patterns as well as lead and melodic lines. This opens the door to a world of new strumming patterns, bend combinations, and beautiful lap-steel and slide-inspired licks that cannot be achieved with traditional tremolo systems.
Another key component of the BIGSBY Pedal’s sound is the DETUNE parameter, a carefully crafted algorithm that is designed to emulate the imperfections and dissonant properties of traditional mechanical string-bending hardware. As a result, the vibrato effects produced by the BIGSBY Pedal are almost indistinguishable from those of a conventional tremolo arm.
Download the user’s manual here
Learn more about the BIGSBY Pedal here
The BIGSBY Pedal combines the tremolo arm pitch-bend emulation with a unique set of features and modes that can take this pedal much further than a simple pitch bend:
- Polyphonic pitch shifting and a reproduction of the BIGSBY tremolo arm string-bending and vibrato effects.
- A spring-loaded rocking foot-pedal for upwards and downwards pitch-bending movements.
- High-quality buffered bypass and seamless transitions into and out of bypass.
- Multi-function LED-lit knobs – LED color and intensity are indicators of the selected parameters and values.
- AUTO mode – LFO controls the pitch-bend rate and the foot-pedal controls the pitch bend depth.
- Up to 12 semitone pitch-shifts in both directions. The pitch-bend range can be set separately for both directions.
- Foot-pedal and a pitch-shift direction invert switch on the back panel.
- BLEND control for mixing in the DRY signal to achieve harmonizer or dynamic chorus sounds.
- DETUNE control for emulating the tuning instability of hardware tremolo systemsFull MIDI CC and PC control over all parameters, preset recalling, and clock syncing. A 3.5 mm TRS to 5 pin DIN MIDI adapter is included.
- 10 user preset slots accessible via MIDI PC.
- Expression output gives the spring-loaded dual-loaded foot pedal control over other audio gear, either in conjuction or seperately from pitch-shifting. It has adjustable expression depth and center position offset controls.
- External footswitch input makes it possible to use the pedal in latching mode for typical pitch-shifter, octave, detune, and chorus functionalities. The BIGSBY Pedal is compatible with both momentary- and toggle-type footswitches with a TS ¼ inch jack
- “KNOB LOCK” option to prevent accidental parameter adjustment during performances.
- Powered by a standard 9V DC center negative power supply with at least 250 mA. Power supply is not included.
Watch the BIGSBY Story!
Here’s a little documentary video about the BIGSBY Pedal’s origins and development process. This has really been a special product for us – something that has been in our minds for years even before Gamechanger Audio was started. Fortunately, in 2019 we received the green light from Fender and Bigsby to start building it.
There are no reviews yet.